Home coming blues

I've just been back from home, a place I visit not very often due to busy schedules. And whenever I go home, I look forward to sleeping (though some might argue that I look forward to it here too) on my comfy bed. Also, the lukkhaness extends to such an extent that I take recourse to watching TV (another thing that I rarely do). And I am shocked!

On TV is a host of random reality shows. Now I know for once that there exist shows such as Dare to Date, Big boss etc, but stuff like Rakhi ka Swayamwar was simply shocking. Why, people, Why? Why mary Rakhi Sawant? She is ugly, her voice is as sweet as a dentist's drill and she can't wait to get more media attention. Don't you want any peace in life? At least this was a thing of the past. Now, a new marriage hungry despo has hogged the limelight: none other than bad boy Rahul M. (Let's call him that lest political parties break down my office, belongings etc.

Now, it is common knowledge that the person in discussion is a crack addict, mentally unstable, a proponent and devout follower of the doctrine of domestic violence and has a laugh which will put bagpipes to shame. Apparently, 16000 sad females had enrolled for this stupidity thinking it as an easier way to be miserable than suicide.And this number was brought down to 3.

Another thing that amazes and amuses me: the families of these girls were entirely supportive. Now, I am not orthodox (no matter what my parents' ideology) but seriously, are the parents out of their minds?

The host of the show looked like he is from the typical "khaata peeta ghar". He kept looking at Rahul M. with tears in his as if he was his only son. Even a certain news channel named headlines today kept following the show so badly that they had 2 hour specials with experts and a gay host speculating about who will be an ideal match for the guy who laughs like goofy. I guess this is precisely what the broadcasting channel thought of while they chose the name imagineTV: Imagine: Rakhi ka swayamwar, Imagine Rahul ... whatever.

Reality TV in India has seriously gone up a notch. And I believe it all started with Indian Idol: the culprit which changed a humble singing competition into a reality show.

Atleast one good thing was there were no K serials on the box, but I do here Kekta Kapoor is busy her her next film KKK Kove, Kex and Khoka or something.

signing off,
TRP

Comments

Popular Posts