Get well soon, amigo

I'm down with some cold to which I say "3000 years of advances in medicine, and we still haven't eradicated this pestilential disease." On a similar note, cockroaches have existed since the dawn of the ages and even outlasted the fall of the mighty dinosaurs. I wonder if the simple common cold virus and cockroaches are genetically related. Or perhaps one could wonder if cockroaches ever suffer from common cold.

I was in the canteen last night when a friend looks at my unkempt (or rather more unkempt than usual) look and on hearing that I was suffering from this abominable disease, replies "Get well soon" and this got me thinking.

How in all the world's miraculous talents am I supposed to "GET WELL SOON"? It is not as if I want to stay in this state for a long time or that I enjoy being in this state. Neither do I have any power over the existentialism of this virus nor can I beef up my white blood cells to fight these intruders more vigorously. Trying to get well soon...

Comments

Popular Posts