Home, sweet home!

June 5th, World Environment Day,

"You do not inherit the earth from your ancestors, you borrow it from your children" -Some wierd saintly guy.

also happens to be my mom's birthday. Took her some Dutch and Swiss Chocolate from Monginis. This was completely unexpected for those at home. What was unexpected for me was that I had half a kilo of home-baked cake ready for me also with a huge tin of home-made cookies!

Yes, I love home!!!


*************background info before you read further***************
A new mall has opened in Kalyan called Metro-junction. It is reported to be the biggest (?) mall in Asia. It also has a huge mountain next to it infested with slums. Rumour has it that it is owned by a certain meester Vijay Mallya and that the whole mountaian will soon be blown apart to make a parking lot to match the grandeur of this majestic, for want of a better word, mall.

Metro Junction has, since its beginning promised to be a haven for young couples looking for a place to cuddle :P
***********************continue*********************************

Another reason for going home was I needed wet-weather tyres a.k.a. sandals. Dad updated me that there is a new Bata (TM) showroom at Metro junction, and I decided to give it a try. So, on my mom's birthday, I bought myself a pair of rainy shoes instead of buying her a good present :(.


Coming back to the story, I went there at around quarter past six in the evening, and metro junction didn't cause any dismay. I went in through the first floor entrance. It was a great place for birdwatching ( :) ) even by Kalyan's pathetic standards. I went to Bata, got my favourite "Sandak"s and came out, still oggling peacefully at birds, lost in their own worlds. Then, I saw McDonalds. My tongue craved for a McSwirl. I bought one, and roamed about the whole (~)one acre building floorspace, still watching the birds.

I looked around at the shops. Metro junction had grown exponentially since the last time I had visited it. This time around, it not only had the BigBazaar, but it also had Bata, Reebok, Nike, Monginis, B&R, The Loot, PVR, the Dollar shop and loads of other franchises.

All the shops were abuzz with the cheers of happy shoppers and chirpy birds. All, except for one - The Cookie Man. I have no idea why the Cookie man exists. There was not a single person over there, and the shop-owner blinked blindly at the huge crowd.

I felt sorry for the Cookie man, ate the mcswirl (Mental note to myself : McSwirl sucks big time. never buy it again) and came back.


Now, I take the opportunity to insult the great Sango who "lost" the dry-fruit laddoo recipe x-(

Comments

Sushrut said…
Cookie Man sucks so it's empty. Dude it IS the biggest 'Metro' mall in Asia. It's some kinda German company.. hehe

Popular Posts