Hiatus

I had mentioned in the last post that I was not really sure how long I would be able to maintain this blog. But the fact of the matter is that I don't think I can go any longer without posting in it, the wannabe attention whore that I am. I was quite stubborn on not updating it since I didn't believe that I could gather sufficient data for 14 posts this year. You see, this is a kind of tradition that I've been personally following - to consistently have 14 posts per year; since the past 3 years at least. So I thought I'd just lie dormant and keep listing the things that I'd like to write about and barrage the whole lot in the next year and hope that people simply do not realize that I have skipped a year in between.

So what have I been up to in the past 8 months? Well, lots! Receding hairline, for one, which I conspicuously blame on the pathetic hard water that we have in our area and the harmful chemicals in our shampoos ( a few strands of hair are  falling as I am typing this.) Work has become more interesting than ever. I hardly notice how time flies when I'm at work. I've started reading the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series by George R.R. Martin - people might know it as the hit HBO original - A Game of Thrones; but more on that later. I have also jotted down a list of items which I want to blog about; but then I lost the list when I had to get the motherboard of my phone changed.

But regular followers might recollect, this blog is not just about phenomena/reminiscences, but more often than not, it has been about, as the tagline says, my ("almost") everyday take of what's happening in my life. And there have been a few incidents in the past few months that I can scarcely stay away from blogging about any longer. I shall try to put these posts up in the next few days so that they do not lose their relevance due to significant time lapse from the day of the event.

But then, this one post has its own plus and minus sides. While this particular post adds no actual value to my blog apart from explaining the 8 month long break in blogging, it also binds me to my informal obligation to have 14 posts a year - a number which was I guess was chosen because I either needed one more post than 13, or just because of an ego issue with my one year younger self to prove that I can maintain 14 posts per year. It serves to act as the first post among the next 13 to follow in the remaining 4 months of the year - a seemingly daunting task since my past track record has seldom exceeded 3 posts a month.

But still, this is a challenge that I shall take in the right spirit. There's plenty of stuff to come in the next few days - the hopes of a ticket, the sweet sorrow of severing ties, the joys of a few memorable trips and maybe some observations in and around daily life. Keep watching this space for more...

Comments

Popular Posts